HOUSING MINISTRIES OF NEW ENGLAND
Applications for housing grants up to $15,000 now being accepted!
Housing Ministries of New England (HMNE), a not-for-profit corporation, announces a new Grant Program directed toward innovation in the low and moderate income housing market with the goal to maintain and/or expand the supply of quality housing,
WHO WE ARE:
“HMNE’s Mission: To revitalize neighborhoods by advocating for the housing and social needs of low and moderate-income individuals and families; and through facilitating below market rate short-term loans and grants. It seeks to empower and be an advocate for the populations served; to be at the forefront in developing housing and communities of the highest standards; and to channel resources so as to ensure that the residents served will enjoy a commensurate quality of life.”
WHAT WE DO AT HOUSING MINISTRIES OF NEW ENGLAND:
- Seek innovation in affordable housing.
- Seek uses for funds that activate its mission of “ministry,” which stretches its work beyond housing as a physical space in order to serve the full needs of people and the community.
- Place money to work where it is needed, in communities that are underserved; and for needs that aren’t met by usual government and banking sources.
Examples of uses for which grant funds may be utilized are:
- Predevelopment work.
- Site control and acquisition funding.
- Working capitalization of development entities and general staff resources in connection with the creation, acquisition, operation or disposition of low and moderate income housing.
This is not an all-inclusive list for which grant funds may be utilized. Applicants are encouraged to submit applications containing innovative ideas that further the mission of HMNE.
Housing Ministries of New England invites non-profits with a 501(c) designation to submit applications for grants that fulfill the above stated mission. Grants will be awarded up to $15,000 per application. Applications are currently accepted within a rolling application period.
Questions regarding the grant application should be directed to: John Daly @ email@example.com or (603) 745-2329.
Applicants submitting requests for grants must include the following information:
- Brief description of the organization
- Name of contact person (with contact information)
2. PROJECT OR PROGRAM
- Summary of proposed project or program
- Overview – purpose, objectives, goals, how the project relates
to HMNE’s priorities
- Description – target population, specific action plan, timeframe
- Implementation (and results) – qualifications for executing proposed
project-expected outcomes, how effectiveness will be monitored and evaluated,
plan for continuance at conclusion of requested funding.
- Cost: amount requested, total project costs, private/public funding sources
(pending and received)
- IRS 501(c) determination letter
- Mission Statement
- Board of Directors list
You need Adobe Reader DC or higher. if you don't have that now get it free here.